The MIT Cambridge Chinese Choral Society (CCCS) is a community-based organization at Massachusetts Institute of Technology with a mission of providing the highest standard of musical performance to the Boston community. Since the formation of CCCS in 1992, our choir has been open to anyone who loves great choral music, Taiwanese and Chinese culture, and a passion for high-quality and engaging performances. CCCS rehearses from 8:00 – 10:00 PM at MIT 4-270 on Friday from August to December, and January to May.
We are a happy, friendly, and welcoming organization that ranges across all ages, professions, and religions. Most of our members are Taiwanese and Chinese, and it is a good mix of students and working professionals. CCCS regularly holds auditions for the Spring and Fall semester in January and August, respectively.
If you would like to audition for the MIT Cambridge Chinese Choral Society, please follow the steps below
- Download and fill out the Audition Form
- Please select the date and 3 time slots that you may be available to come for audition
- Email the form back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You should receive a final audition time slot in 48 hours
- Please come on the day of audition at your requested time
- After the audition, please join our rehearsal from 8 – 10 PM
The audition procedure is very important to our choir, which allows our music director to listen to each one individually and test for voice quality and range to ensure that singers will be seated in the voice section that best fits their voice and the needs of the ensemble. In addition, an ability to match pitch, rhythm, and read music is a prerequisite. Regular attendance and committed participation are obvious requirements.
For more information, please email email@example.com
We look forward to meeting and singing with you!